The company responsible for the operation must obtain a UAV Operators Certificate (UOC):
- CASA approval of Company Operations manual, flight Manuals & Maintenance manual
- Company HES Management Plan
- Complete a Practical demonstration of the drone services before the CASA regulators.
- Obtain the required insurances
Individuals responsible for operating the RPAS require certification by CASA. This is achieved by obtaining a UAV Controllers Certificate (CC) or Remote Pilot Certificate (RPC) which includes:
- Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate
- Pass an English Language Proficiency Assessment
- Manufacturer Training & Assessment on the category you will be flying with.
- 5 hours: You need to have logged 5 hours on the category type you will be flying
- Either complete private pilot’s licence theory exam (CC) or 5 day theory and training course by approved training provider (RPC).